Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Americans use Twitter in a far better way - Proved!




Hi, My name is Michal and I belong to UK. I am having few online friends, more specifically, we can say NET friends. They are near about 55 and from the countries USA, UK, India, China & Singapore. Today, we all know each of us personally, because from the last 4 years we are visiting at each others homes & on the parties. One day, there was a discussion on using internet effectively and all of my friends including me started boasting that they use internet more effectively than any other country people. After 7 Days, I decided to make a survey by sending emails to my friends to check which country people are aware about the most useful websites. I selected Twitter to be the point of attraction as it is hot these days.

I made an online survey on:

How do you use Twitter?
- For keeping in touch.
- For Blogging and knowing what others are doing.
- Promoting your websites.
- Time pass and finding 'What's New?'


Finally, I sent it to my all 55 friends and ask them to send it to their friends in their home town and to the people they know personally. After 3 months I decided to end it up and found that near about 2300 people participated in the survey. The most amazing fact that I came to know was more than 70% people from USA replied that they use it for their businesses and to keep in touch. It is a fact that only 5% of the people from USA use Twitter, but the matter more important is that how intelligently they use it.

There was also a place for 'Comment: ' in the survey and I found some useful Comments' on it. Few American Friends say that:

"I use Twitter for making customers online, People follow me and I tell them about my new products and services"

"Twitter is not less than a junction of online marketing for me, it is great to use it and spread the news of new events in our business."

"Twitter is a place to take people to my services."

It was found in the survey that people from India and China are emotional and wants to keep in touch with their friends on Twitter, at the same time, Americans are using it in a far better way. They are using Twitter not only for keeping in touch with friends, they are doing better businesses from it. As the competition is increasing day by day and it has become difficult to do businesses offline, it is really an appreciable fact for Americans that they are using online techniques of doing businesses. One of my friend from US described me how is he making a streamlined income from Twitter on regular basis. He is also trying to make a website similar to Twitter & Digg. I will post here, when his websites are complete and he will let me know. According to him getting twitter followers has never been a difficult task for him. He told me how he gets near about 20000 followers in 3 days only to his every newly made Twitter account and promote his business in this way. He told me that whenever he has an event in his company, he tell general public about it in this way only. I have requested 20 more friends to upload their ideas or send me about monetizing Twitter for making customers or doing business. Although this survey took near about 3 months to be completed but results were outstanding.

From this survey, I just concluded that Americans are really good at the internet, that's why they are advanced than other countries. 1 Digg from my side for all American Friends. Cheers :)

Thanks!




This was my personal experience and thoughts, I do not take any responsiblity, for any kind of loss, damage or anything happened to you directly or indirectly from this information. This was just a survey, there may be a bias and other errors in the conclusions due to its roughness and lack of tools or interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment